Wednesday 26 July 2017

Life changes



This post isn't something that I actually planned on writing but it something that has become quite a bit of a problem for me lately. As some of you might know, I have recently finished my second year of University. I only have one year left before everything changes. The who notion of that is super scary for me. Added to that, the one thing I though I wanted to do for my career... I now don't. It's something I had been planning for years now and I've come to the realisation through all of the work that I do at the moment, that it wouldn't be a good career choice.



Since before my GCSE's (around the age of 14 for those of you outside the UK), we have constantly been told that we need to have a good career and life plan. It became something that was so huge that everyone worried about it. Now those worries are back. It's a very unnerving thing to know that you've gone to university, gotten yourself into a lot of debt and yet might not even get much use out of your degree. Because the time is ticking by, I am getting a lot of pressure from family members about what it is I want to do when I finish and how I am going to further myself.

After a few frantic weeks of dealing with these worries, I wanted to share something with everyone; it's okay to not know, sometimes things happen that put you on a different track in life and we need to accept that. Maybe I will end up in a better place because of that. I only started blogging because of some really bad things that happened in my personal life...and 4 years later I am still here.

While I may not know 100% what it is that I want to do by the end of the next academic year, I do know that whatever I choose will be something that is good for me, both personally and physically. It will be a choice that is made because I WANT IT not because everyone is rushing me. (Heck, I applied to University on the deadline day for applications...I never do thing on time).

So no matter how old you are, whether you are worrying about what career you want so that you can choose your option for GCSE's, A Levels, University courses or for whatever reason you are struggling to make a big decision, then try not to put so much pressure on yourself. You will get to where you need to be at the right time.


Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow I really needed to read this, thanks for opening up about this. I'm kind of in the same boat. I have one more year of university and I feel like this summer I was pressured to figure out my career plans on the spot. I started to slow things down and put some decisions on hold for my benefit and although it does not make my parents happy, in the end I will make the decisions that will be good for me mentally and physically. Anyways, thank you for reassuring me that I am on the right path & we are all in this together :)

    Nikki
    herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that the post was helpful for you Nikki, we really are all in this together and it makes everyone feel reassured when we realise that we aren't alone. I hope everything falls into place for you soon and I'm so happy for you to be taking steps to make your future one that YOU will be happy with!

      Delete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig